Wednesday, June 24, 2009

'Scuse Me While I Kiss the Skype

By Michael Dodd, Senior Consultant, Dynamics CRM, BroadPoint Technologies


For those who woke up late to the 21st century, Skype is a cheap VoIP service that allows you to make calls from your computer. So when your phone is dead or short on bars, you can still make those important business calls. I paired my Jawbone II to my laptop so that when I make Skype call in a public setting I get the added benefit of privacy and noise reduction.

But what's most impressive is the Skype add-on for Internet Explorer. With this add-on enabled, Skype will recognize any properly formatted telephone number and allow you to place a call with a single click:

image

To top things off, since Dynamics CRM is a web based application that runs on IE, you get the same functionality from any CRM grid view that contains phone numbers!

image

Think of how this tiny add-on can improve your productivity with Dynamics CRM. With more and more airlines offering WiFi, how great would it be if you could make a call on your next flight straight from CRM!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add this

Bookmark and Share